Hello.

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Waking up

Don't you hate that feeling when you wake up with no recollection what happened the night before? Even worse when you wake up with a new attachment to your arm? 

 
 Cowboys vs Aliens 
Well, that didn't exactly happen, those days are long gone. Anyways, through a series of fortunate events and good deals, I managed to pick up the new Timex Run Trainer. So how did it happen? Timex was giving a $50 rebate if you purchased a TRT if bought from a authorized dealer. Being my frugal cheap triathlete, I searched every authorized dealer on the west coast to see who had the cheapest/best deal (Hawaii omitted since prices were higher). After searching some 20 something sites, I came across Road Runner Sports in classy San Diego. Road Runner sports has the option to join their VIP family for $1.99 which includes a 10% discount and FREE shipping to Hawaii. If you live in Hawaii, free shipping is pretty damm awesome. So with the membership cost, discount and rebate, my total cost was around ~$120. Not bad being that regular the regular price is $189.99. 

 It's big but not as big as Jakes nor does it shoot anything


The usual Timex colors


Comparison to my everyday watch. I didn't realize the times were different till I took the pic. 

I'm sure your thinking "But why did you get this? You hate running!" Yes I know it's got "Run" in the name and it's more geared toward running but 1) I couldn't resist the price 2) It can be used for biking too as seen in DCRainmakers review. You should check out his review since it's more in depth than mine. I'm still trying to figure out what this bad boy can do.

Since my runs are pretty sad, here's some data for a Tantalus ride I did this past Tuesday (Ride data). It's not the greatest since the vog was killing me that day. If you're unfamiliar with the backside of Tantalus, it's once of the better hill climb locations in town, has a lot of shade, traffic isn't crazy and it's pretty relaxing ride. Here's a vid of the the route going down.

5 comments:

Great deal!!! I like the data link to your ride. Tantulus looks scary. I hate running too, but I would rather run Tantulus than ride it. I actually got an invitation to ride recently.

Thanks for the tip on Road Runner Sports. Free shipping to Hawaii is a plus.

crap! 120? I should talk because Franklin purchased my garmin for me. You'd think they could some kind of magic for that price though.
I am curious, is it waterproof? Something leads me to think it isn't because you would have mentioned that in your post.

kepa, I would rather run than ride up it too. When are you doing your runs? Maybe we can run up it together.
Franklin and i are planning on doing the Sharon's ride this weekend. I know you will be doing it, and Jaye is doing it with Try Fitness. Hope to see you this weekend

Yups, it was only 120. It's not waterproof but water resistant up to 50m. Which is pretty decent since my other watch is only water resistant to 100m. However I doubt I'll be going that deep anytime soon. Haha.

@sme... I don't think I could keep up with you and Franklin. LOL!!! Yeah, I will be at the Sharon's ride. See you folks there.

Post a Comment