Hello.

Friday, January 27, 2012

 Tags and I'm not talking about the art you see on walls and stuff. Kepa the Flying Hawaiian Tagged me, but I don't know 11 others so the wave kinda dies here. Sorry. However, for you readers, I'll play along. 

  1. Post these rules
  2. You must post 11 random things about yourself
  3. Answer the questions set for you in their post
  4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer
  5. Go to their blog and tell them you’ve tagged them
  6. No stuff in the tagging section about you are tagged if you are reading this. You legitimately have to tag 11 people!
11 Random Things About Myself...
  1. I'm slightly allergic to cilantro. Thus you will never see it in any of my recipes. 
  2. I don't like nuts in any of my baked good. 
  3. I rarely wear white socks. 
  4. I have a degree in Cell and Molecular Biology but have no desire to work in that field. 
  5. I make mead (honey wine). 
  6. I'm addicted to New Zealand Marmite. 
  7. I haven't eaten at McDonalds in almost 10 years. 
  8. I'm horrible at saying Japanese and Hawaiian words. 
  9. In 2001, I was the 3rd fastest high school breaststroker on the Big Island and 20th in the state. 
  10. I'm not a Tim Tebow fan. 
  11. I'm great about remembering random facts, just not about me. 

If I tagged you, here are 11 questions for you to answer...
  1. Do you keep a training log? - Yes, so I can track my progress through the season.
  2. Do you think videos of guys getting hit in their privates are funny? - It's no laughing matter once it happens to you. It's funny if it's someone that I'm not too fond of.
  3. Train/Race - socks or no socks? - Socks
  4. What is your favorite movie? - I watch so many it's hard to choose one. "Remember the Titans" is up there.
  5. Do you listen to music while you train? - I don't train with music since I can't hear the traffic. I don't trust Oahu drivers.
  6. Heel striker or mid/forefoot? - Used to heel strike but now I'm more of a midfoot.
  7. How many pairs of running shoes do you own? - 4, three running shoes and 1 trail/hiking shoes.
  8. What is your favorite color? - Dark Blue
  9. Democrat, Republican, Libertarian, Independent, Other... Don't Care? - The best party
  10. At what training distance do you decide to carry your own hydration? - Always for biking but never for running. I choose my running routes well.
  11. Do you wear your workout clothes more than once before washing them? - Yeah, unless I get rained on or get really muddy. I live and train alone so no one really complains.

6 comments:

So what do you do? and Why did you get a degree in cell molecular biology? Did you go to school here at UH? Curious.

Breaststroke is evil. Almost as evil as backstroke. Butterfly is where all the cool kids are.

Currently I'm a lab tech, mostly just deal with safety compliance and hazardous waste disposal. Previously I was a PQ Inspector with the Hawaii Dept of Ag until I got laid off.

I thought it was cool but wasn't a fan of doing PCR. Thought it was just too long and would take longer if you messed up. Wasn't having any of that.

Went to UHH for undergrad and did some grad work in entomology at at UH but never finished. No desire to go back either.

This comment has been removed by the author.

Hahaha. Yups, backstroke is evil without a doubt.

Interesting. How do you like life as a lab tech? I also have a degree in CMB.

Funny you mention PCR because I have to do a test run next week to test out several primers that I have in storage. I always run multiples, to test out all the reagents because it does take so long to wait for the thermocycler.

Kudos to you on your swimming skills. Impressive.

Post a Comment