Hello.

Monday, January 23, 2012

Baked Spaghetti

With 1/2 Ironman training starting up again and 2 workouts a day becoming more of a common theme, batch cooking is more practical than cooking something different every night. Since I live alone, theirs no one to complain about eating the same thing for the 3rd night in a row. That's not much of the case since isn't too shabby. Anyways. 





Couldn't resist. Ate some before taking a pic.

Baked Spaghetti
1/2t salt 
6oz angel hair pasta
2t extra-virgin olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1/2lb Italian chicken sausag, casings removed
2 green bell peppers, diced
1/2lb cremini mushrooms, sliced 
1 28oz can crushed tomatoes 
1c fresh torn basil leaves
part-skim mozzarella cheese
shredded cheddar cheese 

Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package instructions. 

Heat olive oil in large non-stick skillet or pot over medium heat. Once heated, add in onion and cook till soft. Add in garlic and cook for a few minutes. Add in sausage and be sure to break up meat. Cook till browned. Add in mushrooms, bell peppers, salt and cook till everything is soft. Stir in crushed tomatoes, 3/4c water and basil. Cook till boiling. Reduce heat to low and simmer till sauce thickens. 

Preheat oven to 375deg. Spray a 2qt baking or casserole dish with cooking spray. Add pasta to sauce and give it a good stir to combine. Spoon 1/2 of the pasta mixture into the dish. Sprinkle the mozzarella and cheddar cheese over the pasta mixture. Add remaining pasta on top of cheese mixture. Sprinkle more of the cheeses on top. Spray foil with cooking spray and cover loosely. Bake until cheese is bubbly, 20-25min. Let cool for 5min before serving. 

Enjoy!




3 comments:

Oh man, that looks awesome! I am trying to lose a few pounds so I can only look and drool! I think I will make it after I get to my goal weight.

Ahh. Still can have it, just cut back on the cheese, use whole wheat pasta and ground turkey.

I know it's against the whole Asian stereotype but I hardly eat rice. It helps with the weight loss.

That is a great idea. I think I will make some for after the Sharon's ride. I hardly eat rice too.

BTW, you have been tagged. See my blog post titled "My First Tag".

Post a Comment