Hello.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Foam roller not good enough?

If you've bought a foam roller, you probably noticed that it doesn't exactly keep it's shape anymore. You can try to even it out by using other parts but that's a pain. Money doesn't grow on trees at my house so buying another wasn't an option.


So, I thought, why not use a PVC pipe. 


I found this scrap piece for around $5. 


The diameters a little smaller but it gets the job done. 

At first it's a little tough but you get used to it. I've read things about others cutting up yoga mats and gluing it around the surface for some cushion. I'm not about to do that since it just adds to the total cost of things.


3 comments:

Hey, I've got an old yoga mat that I had cut up for other stuff. I got just enough to do the trick. I guess I will hold on to it just in case my roller gets out of shape. Thanks for the DYI tip.

I ran into that same issue with my roller. They tend to deform when you start bearing down on them. I switched to using a standard wooden rolling pin. Seriously. It hurts a bit more but it gets the job done.

Post a Comment