Hello.

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

What is a normal life?

It's almost 3 weeks after Honu, I'm finally getting back into running, however haven't been biking much since the bike still needs to be fixed. Swimming was going great until my rotator cuff decided to act up again. Due to financial reasons I probably won't do any more triathlons maybe till October or hold off until next year. It would be great to go out and do some but it gets expensive. Most races here are around ~$90+ for a sprint. Hard times if you ain't balling.

So after 6 months of training, I've found myself with not much to do that didn't involve swimming, biking or running. Even had the crazy idea to go out on a date. That didn't go so well. Really didn't know what to say I do for fun besides training for triathlons. Swim for fun? Err....

Anyways, so what do you guys do when triathlon season is over? Do you do a relaxed SBR schedule, work on weaknesses or do you go out and do non-triathlon stuff for a while?

2 comments:

Withdrawals! I basically wiped my schedule clean of triathlons this year (although I did do one last Sunday). I basically wanted to work on building my base. I can't imagine just dropping the training all together though. This would be a good time to work on running and do some off-season training... or go out on a few more dates.

I hear you on the race fees.

Btw, I have a question on the compression sleeves you wear on your calves. Do you use them during training/races or do you put them on afterwards for recovery?

I've only worn them for long runs and for the Honu. In my opinion, their isn't much benefit for short course races. Maybe you'll get a mental boost at the most. As for recovery, I usually wear the socks instead of the sleeves. Figure I minus well compress the whole area instead of just the calves.

Post a Comment