Hello.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Kale Basil Avocado Pesto

It took me about two weeks to finally get around to making this dish. Let me tell you, it was well worth the wait. One of my favorite reads for recipes/ideas is Shannons blog Tri 2 Cook. I didn't know it existed till I stumbled upon it on Foodgawker. Being that kale is one of the ingredients in my daily salad trinity (Manoa lettuce, Spinach and Kale) I decided to sacrifice a bit to make her Kale Basil Pesto.  I have to admit, it was pretty phenomenal! A friend of mine was over that night and she practically licked my food processor clean! 


Kale Basil Avocado Pesto
1 small avocado (Hass) cubed 
1 1/2c packed basil 
1 large bunch of kale (de-stemmed)
1/2t salt
black pepper
1/4c grated Parmesan cheese
2 small garlic cloves (minched) 
2T extra virgin olive oil 

Blanch kale in boiling water for 2-3 min. Transfer to an ice bath (bowl with ice water), remove and squeeze to dry.

Add all ingredients to a food processor and process till desired consistency. Add more salt/oil to your liking. 

Can be served with pasta, a dip, or even pizza. 

Enjoy!

3 comments:

I love Pasta with pesto. However, I am not sure about the kale. I guess I should give it a try.

This sounds incredible! Can't wait to try it :)

Amazing recipe! Next time I'm going to add some lemon juice that's just my preference.

Post a Comment