Hello.

Friday, August 12, 2011

Tomato Corn Chowder

So I was feeling a little sick the other day and didn't feel like chicken noodle soup. Since the slumlords made their monthly collection, I needed to make do with what I hand. After seeing this recipe for Tomato Corn Chowder on Foodjimoto, I decided to give it a shot. 


Tomato Corn Chowder 
Peeled Tomatoes
Minced Garlic (she used roasted garlic, I didn't have or was in the mood to make any)
1 Can of unsalted non-creamed corn (She used fresh)
2 slices bacon
1 small red potato
1 can chicken or vegetable broth
1 small onion, diced
Salt, Pepper and Tabasco for taste 

Chop and crush tomatoes and set aside. 
Slice and fry bacon in a pot till crisp. Drain fat. Add in onions and cook till soft. Add in garlic and potato. Saute for a few minutes. Add in tomatoes, corn and broth. Let simmer till potatoes are soft. Season with salt and pepper. It came out pretty good despite having no roasted garlic or fresh corn. I'm sure it would taste even better with those.



0 comments:

Post a Comment