Hello.

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Veggie/Bean Herb Chicken Rice Bowl

Well I had every intention to do a write up of my Waimea Bay swim fiasco, but I forgot to load some pics onto my jump drive so you'll have to wait a bit longer. In the meantime he's one of my creations. The veggie/bean herb chicken rice bowl. 


Veggie/Bean Herb Chicken Rice Bowl
2C Cooked brown or white rice 
1 Can black beans
1 can yellow corn
 Cucumber
Tomato
1T Olive oil
Garden Herb Chicken Breast (pre-cooked package from Safeway) 
Ground black pepper (adjust to your liking)
Chili pepper flakes (adjust to your liking)
Pinch of salt 

In a large bowl, combined rice, washed black beans, corn, olive oil and chili pepper flakes.
Place mixture on a plate or bowl. Add rest of ingredients. Drizzle with more olive oil. 

Since this was a multi-day meal, I added the cucumber, tomato and chicken separately rather than all at once. I found out that the tomato and cucumber tend to get soft and make the whole dish kind of gross. 

3 comments:

Looks tasty. You swimming Chun's next weekend?

Nah, I'm calling it a series after the Waimea Bay swim. Going to rest up for the Tinman bike. Maybe next year.

That looks fantastic. I'm glad I'm not the only one who loves canned corn. Not as good as fresh, but still wonderful!

Post a Comment