Hello.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Crock Pot Chicken

Crock pots are awesome. I won't lie, sometimes I don't have time to cook quality meals every night. With my crock pot, I just put some things in the morning, set it for x hours and forget about it. It's such an awesome thing coming home, to a house that smells like someone has been cooking for you all day. One thing I really like to do is cook a whole chicken. 

Crock Pot Chicken
Whole chicken
Garlic cloves (optional)
Lemon slices (optional)
Salt (optional)
Pepper (optional) 
Olive oil (optional) 

Place whole chicken in crock pot, no need put oil or anything else on the bottom. Place garlic and some of the lemon slices in the cavity. 
Place lemon slices on top of chicken, season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. 

Cover and set for 10 hours on low. Set and forget. 
10 hours later...mmmm

You can debone chicken right in the pot. I tried to remove it once, but it pretty much just melted. Once done, you can toss the bones and skin or you can leave in the pot, add water to top it off, set on high for 4 hours and make broth. It's up to you. Enjoy!

1 comments:

oh wow, this is awesome. i often forget about my crock pot, but i really need to pull it out more!!

Post a Comment