Hello.

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Fantastically Complicated Tuesdays

Lately I've feeling pretty unmotivated, a whole lot of grouchy with a bit of tiredness. It's been almost a month since I've done any long rides. The thought of waking up early, driving to the park and going for a 30 mile ride just seems stupid. Running, well I've been getting in some miles in. Takes me a long time to get moving out the door and when I start running, I just want to turn around and go back home. Swimming is swimming. Our masters group is getting bigger with weaker, just learning how to swim, got bit by the olympic bug, triathlon one and done bucketlisters. If you're reading this and you fall into that category.  A few guys were complaining about how they did in a recent OWS event, complaining about this and that. Seriously bros, if I knew you guys were bringing the whine, I would have brought some cheese.

Anyway, enough with the rambling. He's a good video from Bill Nye. I'm sure you all remember him as "Bill Nye, The Science Guy". According to Bill, he mentions " if grownups want to "deny evolution and live in your world that's completely inconsistent with everything we observe in the universe, that's fine, but don't make your kids do it because we need them.". As a biology major, I agree with Bill. We can't have the future generations not knowing how things work. All of our accomplishments would be for nothing. Seriously, what would we be doing without the internet and iphones?


6 comments:

Hey! I'm not sure if you know about this but there is a masters swim at Iolani. My friend used to go.mhe is a good coach

Totally feeling you on the motivation. I've been fighting that too. Helps that I'm training for the Century. Gives me a reason to get out.
Speaking of Bill, here's a fantastic interview with him.
http://www.nerdist.com/2012/07/nerdist-podcast-bill-nye/

Cool, I'll have to check that out on a slow day at work. Haha.

That's where I've been going for a while now. Guess no one wants to swim with UH anymore.

Interesting... I'm starting to go to ala Moana now. I was too intimidated to go to masters swim

Hey I was thinking about you the other day. Especially because of you and the biking... and the group of people i train with were talking about tantalus.
Hopefully everything is well.

Post a Comment