Hello.

Monday, August 6, 2012

2012 Tinman Triathlon

Going to make this short and sweet. Still a little tried from work last night and dealing with a splitting headache this morning.

A few weeks ago me and some friends planned to do a co-ed relay for the Tinman. Well, that was the plan until our swimmer mistakenly requested the wrong day off. After scrambling around trying to find a female swimmer and coming up empty, I wondered if I could find a male swimmer. That wasn't much of a problem. Hit up Doug of Dirtbag Fitness and he agreed to swim for us.

This year, the weather was pretty bad. It rained, got sunny, and poured again. It was nice since it kept it cool but I hate racing in the rain. Oh well. 3/3 for getting rained on during a triathlon this year.

The results 
Counterfit Pajama Insurgents
  DOUG - Swim 750m - 12:16 - 4th/11  
 Matt - Bike 23 miles - 1:14:51.4 - 2/11
 Lee  - Run 6 mile - 41:21 - 3/11
 
Overall - 2:11:01.9 - 2/11 
 
After waiting what felt like forever, we finally got the award. 
 
 I'm thinking it's a pen holder. 

Not sure how this happened. Didn't see the rider either. 

Busted carbon fiber Zipp. I'd cry if those were my Zipps. 
 

 
 

2 comments:

I think I just shed a few tears for those Zipp wheels too...

Hey, congrats! You guys did awesome!

Post a Comment