Hello.

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Lanikai Triathlon 2012

So this was my second time doing this triathlon but first time doing the whole race. Last year, I did a relay due to a strained Achilles tendon. This year, feeling much better, I decided to sign up again.

Race morning pretty much sucked. Saturday morning was idea, sunny skies, light winds and dry roads. Sunday was the complete opposite. Heavy rain, wet roads and strong winds. Yeah, not my favorite weather. Despite being a swimmer for most of my life, being wet and cold isn't my favorite thing.
The swim was pretty choppy but still manageable. I've been in worse. Swim felt decent, not the greatest but not the worse. Rocked the SLS3 fobic speed suit. It's pretty much feels like I'm swimming shirtless. Taking if off was really simple and fast. Got to my bike in T1 one and noticed puddles in my bike shoes. The bike part was pretty much a suckfest. Every time someone would overtake me, I get a nice spray of water in my face. Thanks guys. The only hill in the race was pretty much a piece of cake. When you're around a 125lbs, hill climbing aint a thing. Going down was a different story. Wet brakes, wet road, road debis = not fun.
As you all know, the run is my weakness. People were passing me like I was standing still. It's pretty  demoralizing. The thing about this race is the last 1/4 mile or more is on the beach. It's pretty cool and all but you just gotta know where to run. Overall, I was pretty disappointed with my results. I'd like to blame the weather and all, but the reality is that I just need to train a lot harder.

 Swim -  38/347 - 9:24
 Bike - 96/347 - 33:18
 Run - 154/347 - 29:29
 Overall - 98/347 and 14/19 (M-25-29)  - 1:15:18

Here's some pics.




Start


 Swim finish


1 comments:

Rain during a race is seriously my worst nightmare! Kuddos to you for sticking it out! I definitely would have been miserable! And I totally feel your pain about running, so not fun to watch someone in your age group run by you. Been there, done that too many times!

Post a Comment