Hello.

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

No hassle Focaccia Bread

Craving focaccia bread but don't have all day it wait or just to lazy to knead dough? Well, I have the recipe for you. No Hassle Focaccia Bread from King Arthur Flour


No Hassle Focaccia Bread 
1 1/2c warm water 
2T olive oil
1 1/4t salt
3 1/2c flour
1T instant yeast
1/8t chopped fresh rosemary
rosemary sprigs
poppy seeds
rock salt


Grease a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick spray or olive oil. Set aside. 
Using an electric mixer (by hand is fine) combine all ingredients together except rosemary sprigs, poppy seeds and rock salt. 
Once mixed well, pour directly into the greased pan. Spread evenly, cover and set aside for 60min. 
While bread is rising, pre-heat oven to 375deg. 
Once the hour is up, using your finger, gently poke indentations all over the bread. You want to make it look like the surface of a golf ball. 
Drizzle with more olive oil, sprinkle with poppy seads, rosemary and rock salt. 
Bake bread till golden brown for 30-40min. 
Remove bread and let cool for 5min, remove and let cool on wired rack. 
Serve and enjoy. 


4 comments:

I am in awe with your cooking skills. I really wanna try this recipe since I am a big focaccia fan. I will let you know how it turns out. Btw, are the rock salt and rosemary sprigs easy to find in a store like Times. I have rosemary, but I don't have sprigs.

Thanks. I thought this one was alight, I've made better but this recipe was awesome since it was pretty simple. I'm not sure about Times since I never shop there, but I do know that Safeway sells it. Someone gave me some 'alaea sea salt from Kauai so I used that instead of store bought rock salt. As for the rosemary, I got it from the side of the road in Manoa. I guess you could use bottled one but probably won't be as good.

thanks... i am going to give a try this weekend.

I made the foccasia bread today (Saturday). It didn't rise enough, however, it tasted pretty good. I did not have enough yeast. I will have to try it again with more yeast. The good news is that my wife loves it! Thanks for the recipe.

Post a Comment