Hello.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Vanilla Bean Brownie Ice Cream

What a way to start a week. Thunder and lightning, torrential downpours, flooding and waterspouts! Yesterday after coming home from work I decided to do some light jogging at the park. I looking forward since injuring my Achilles almost 3 months ago. Well, after jogging for about 10 seconds, it started to storm. So much for running and I minus well cross off swimming too. But wait! I live in town, Ala Moana beach park only a few miles away. After swimming the full 2K, I noticed a lot of people looking out towards sea, apparently two waterspouts were forming right off shore. I've only seen these on T.V and never in person so it was pretty cool seeing it so close. Despite the close waterspouts, thunder and lighting in the back of me, all I could think of was "I wish I had a waterproof cam, no ones going to believe that it was so close". 

For all of you who don't know me, I frequent Goodwill pretty often in search of random things. Sometimes you score and sometimes you don't. This particular visit I found a mint condition Cuisinart Ice Cream maker. 
On with the recipe. 



Vanilla Bean Brownie Ice Cream via bakedbree

Ingredients:
3/4c sugar
2T corn starch
pinch of salt
1C whole milk
2C heavy cream
1 egg yolk
1 vanilla bean caviar
brownies, copped into small pieces

Steps:
In a pot, whisk together sugar, corn starch and salt. Slowly whisk in milk and cream.
Heat over medium to medium high heat till mixture thickens. 
In another bowl, whisk egg yolk and vanilla bean caviar. Once caviar has been taken out from bean, place bean in milk mixture.
Once the mixture has thickened, slowly add 1/2c of it to the egg mixture and whisk.You do not want the yolk to scramble. Gradually add the rest of the mixture. 
Place a plastic wrap on the surface of the mixture (you want to prevent a skin from forming) and place in the fridge overnight. 

Once cooled, pour mixture into your ice cream maker and freeze according to the directions that came with your maker.

As for the brownies add accordingly to your makers instructions.


0 comments:

Post a Comment