Hello.

Monday, April 25, 2011

Curry Turkey Meatballs

I'm finally getting around to posting again. With the Achilles injury, the 3 day sickness, visitors, furlough days and work, things have been pretty hectic. Anyways, I was sick a few weeks ago with who knows what. I woke up in the morning feeling real dizzy, feverish, body aches and a pounding headache. Sounds like I was hungover right? However I didn't drink at all the night before. It was horrible. I wished that I was hungover instead. So by Friday afternoon, I felt a lot better and had a strange craving for meatballs. After a quick search on Foodgawker, I found a recipe for Curry Turkey Meatballs from Life's Ambrosia (also couldn't resist that smile) and decided to give it a shot. 



Ingredients:
1lb ground turkey or pork
1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
1 1/2t madras curry powder
1/4t cumin
pinch of salt
1 beaten egg
1/3 plain bread crumbs
Olive oil

1. Preheat oven 350deg
2. Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. Roll into balls (should make approx 20)
3. Heat olive oil in oven safe pan or regular pan over medium heat. Brown all sides of 10 meatballs, remove and do the same for the remaining 10. If you're using the oven safe pan, place meatballs back into pan and place in oven. If not, place on baking dish. Bake for 15min or until cooked through. 

Mashed potatoes were basically instant mashed potatoes with capers and garlic added in. Garnished with green onions and carrot. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment