Hello.

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Well, the bike shop called yesterday and informed me that my rear dropout is bent. Unlike newer bikes, my rear dropout aren't really replaceable. Which pretty much means my bike is now a very expensive plastic decoration in my house. Unless I find a few thousand bucks or find a bike to rent before Honu, it looks like I'll be riding my road bike for the race. Put it this way, it's like going from a Porsche 911 GTS to a Ford Fiesta.


This vid pretty much sums up how I feel at the moment...fuck..blah..argh..fuck...



2 comments:

Wow, that is a real bummer! I would be freaking out. Its hard to wrap ones head around using the "back up" when you are so prepped to ride your primary bike. Well, at least you have a back up. What kind of bike was it?

It's a Trek 1.2 road bike. Mostly use it to destroy Tantalus and casual rides with friends. Components are lowest Shimano so it's night and day between the two bikes.

Post a Comment