Hello.

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pumpkin Sherbet

This past weekend I finally got around to murdering my pumpkin. I'll be honest, I hate the holidays. Horrible music, gift giving and long waits at the airport. Definitely not my thing. However, I do appreciate the cool weather and awesome food though. On that note, I bring you Pumpkin Sherbet by SkinnyTaste.


Pumpkin Sherbet  
1. 2 1/4 cups 1% milk
2. 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp sugar
3. 1 cup pumpkin puree or canned stuff 
4. 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
5. 1/2 tsp cinnamon
6. 1/4 tsp nutmeg
7. pinch of clove (itty bitty pinch, don't want it to overpower it)
8. pinch of salt

Using a pot, combine milk, sugar, pumpkin over heat, bring to a full boil while stirring. Once it starts boiling, reduce heat and simmer for 30sec. Remove from heat. 
Add vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, clove and salt to milk mixture. Transfer mixture to a bowl. Using saran wrap, place directly on top of mixture. Place in refrigerator and cool  till mixture is cold (an hour or more). Once completely chilled, place in ice cream and follow the manufacturer’s instructions. 
Serve immediately for soft serve or chill overnight for a harder consistency. Enjoy!

*note, if you're a big pumpkin pie fan like me, you'll love this recipe.


3 comments:

Nice!!! Can't wait till you make avocado sherbet. My grandma used to make it and it was killer delicious!!!

I am a pumpkin fan. I might actually have to make this one day. Thanks for posting TriCook

Tricook. I'm at foodland farms and saw cliff bars on sale. Flavor spiced pumpkin pie.

Post a Comment